Who we are
Insurance Advisernet New Zealand represents a network of over 65 independent insurance brokers, looking after more than 27,000 clients and employing over 350 staff nationwide. Our role is to provide our members with access to a platform of services that ensures they can provide their clients with leading insurance products, technology and policy wordings. Our focus is to provide key services to our members that reduce the administrative burden and assist them in ensuring they are compliant, so their focus can be on providing high quality risk advice.
Insurance Advisernet New Zealand was established in 2006 as a joint venture between Insurance Advisernet Australia and New Zealand investors. In 2010 Insurance Advisernet Australia took a majority shareholding in our business. This provided membership to the ASX-listed AUB Group, one of the top general insurance broking groups in Australasia. With more than $3.2 billion of gross premiums under management, it gives us unrivalled buying power that now spans every major insurer in New Zealand and Australia, plus access to major international insurers. Today, we’re one of the largest and most respected General Insurance businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
Insurance Advisernet New Zealand is a group of over 65 highly skilled independent insurance broking businesses throughout New Zealand. By choosing a broker from our network, you get all the benefits of specialist knowledge, skill and local service, as well as the significant benefits that they obtain through being an Insurance Advisernet member.
Our clients will tell you Insurance Advisernet stands alone for many reasons. But, ultimately, we believe our key difference comes from always delivering the most appropriate advice, the most efficient systems and the right insurance solutions for our clients’ evolving needs – guided by our four core business pillars of trust, advice, choice and value.
IANZ plays an active role in helping to reduce our Carbon footprint. We assist this by having clear actions we can take now, these include:
- If meetings cannot be held using electronic meeting apps, it is recommended that air travel is booked using carbon offsets.
- Work with landlords or as premise owners, look to install energy saving lighting such as LED light fittings.
- Installing auto timers on all lighting and air conditioning units and where possible use natural ventilation.
- Encourage the use of laptops as they consume less electricity.
- Encourage use of green energy where possible and available.
- Use our Broking software as it is designed and email all client documents, to discourage and limit use of printers.
- Provide and use recycling facilities, including office waster, printer cartridges, paper and Nespresso pods.
- All conference venues to have accredited recycling procedures to limit the environmental impact of these events.
- Encourage car pooling to work, events and where possible use public transport.
- Actively have supported 4ocean’s removal of plastic from the ocean.
Insurance Advisernet New Zealand is a group of over 65 highly skilled independent insurance broking businesses throughout New Zealand. By choosing a broker from our network, you get all the benefits of specialist knowledge, skill and local service, as well as the significant benefits that they obtain through being an Insurance Advisernet member, including:
- market leading policy wordings
- the security of a Trust Account for all client premiums that is regularly audited by two independent firms, ensuring your premiums are safe
- $100m Professional Indemnity Insurance coverage backing our member brokers advice and service
- a compulsory Professional Development programme ensuring all members have continuing professional development
- claims advocacy whenever our members request it. A real benefit for clients that suffer large or difficult losses
- the best technology, driving efficiency through reducing the administrative burden for our members
- ensuring all members are compliant with all relevant legislation, so clients have peace of mind
It's this unique partnership between Insurance Advisernet and its network of independent brokers, that continues to provide added value to our clients, making us one of the leading and most respected General Insurance businesses in New Zealand.
Trust is the cornerstone on which our business is built. It means we do what we say we’ll do. Use our expertise to put your needs first and foremost. And are always transparent about the advice we provide and why we provide it.
Great advice is based on great understanding and relationships. It’s why adopting a risk management approach and assessing your unique risk profile is essential to ensuring the right policies are always in place. It’s what sets us apart.
Insurance is no time for compromise. It’s vital to have access to a wide range of insurance options so, once identified, your needs can be effectively met. That’s why we have active relationships with more than 100 major insurers.
Price is always important. But value goes much further. It’s the sum total of the depth of our relationships, the quality of our advice, the breadth of our offering and the efficiency of our systems – all bolstered by our unrivalled buying power as one of the leading general insurance advisory dealer groups. Ultimately though, our key value to you is as your advocate in the event of a claim.